August 13, 2020 - RETURN TO SCHOOL GUIDELINES
As we prepare for the return of full-time students to our campus, GCTC’s top priority is the safety and well being of our students, teachers, staff and all stakeholders. With that in mind, PHASE IV of our Mitigation Plan will follow the guidelines provided by the CDC as well as the Oklahoma State Department of Health’s COVID-19 Alert System.
PHASE IV will include all prior Phases I, II & III with the addition of the new Return to Learn Plans and guidelines for full-time students as listed below.
- GCTC’S COVID-19 Alert System color chart
- Student Guide Return to Learning – GREEN (New Normal)
- Student Guide Return to Learning – YELLOW (Low Risk)
- Student Guide Return to Learning – ORANGE (Moderate Risk)
- Student Guide Return to Learning – RED (High Risk)
Please note, when full-time classes begin on August 24, our school will begin in the ORANGE ZONE.
In order to comply with CDC and Department of Health Guidelines, some high school students will follow a hybrid schedule in classrooms that cannot accommodate physical distancing of six feet. Each student will be notified via email, text, and/or phone call from their instructor with details regarding their individual schedule.
Please note that the hybrid schedule mentioned above will apply ONLY to select high school students, depending upon their program enrollment.
Please call 918-758-0840 if you have questions regarding our Return to Learn plans.
Links to help you stay abreast of COVID-19:
- About Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) | CDC
- Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers | CDC
- 2019 N-COV Factsheet PDF File | CDC
- Coronavirus. | WHO
- Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for an Influenza Pandemic | OSHA
- Oklahoma Department of Health
- Oklahoma Governor Executive Orders
- City of Okmulgee - Civil Emergency
If you are overwhelmed by anxiety related to #COVID19, please call the disaster distress helpline at 1-800-985-5990.
Start of School Date